FOREIGN TRADE SINGLE WINDOW
What is VUCE?
A SYSTEM THAT HELPS FACILITATE THE COUNTRY'S FOREIGN TRADE
The Foreign Trade Single Window VUCE is a Directorate of the Foreign Trade Promotion Agency of Costa Rica that manages the information systems through which the processes before importation and or exportation are centralized and improved to achieve their insertion and competitiveness in the markets. This is because VUCE involves the different institutions that control the entry and exit of certain products to safeguard human, animal, plant, environmental, etc., welfare. Likewise, VUCE allows the private sector to comply with such controls and carries out other roles such as the Single Exporter Registry, the Certification of Controlled Origin for export, and the administration and maintenance of information systems for the electronic transmission of data, as part of the logistics of international trade.
THE ENTITY IN CHARGE OF CENTRALIZING AND SIMPLIFYING FOREIGN TRADE PROCEDURES
The VUCE system promotes the simplification of foreign trade administrative processes. The Single Window VUCE System centralizes the technical requirements detailed by the participating government institutions to allow entry or exit of goods -in or out of the country- which by their nature and function, must be controlled to safeguard human, animal, plant and or environmental welfare. This simplification is possible thanks to VUCE's interoperability with the government institutions that are part of the system. In turn, the information systems register the rest of the services offered by the Single Window.
Services offered by VUCE
Data for the period from January 01, 2022, to December 31, 2022.
MEANS OF INSTITUTIONAL MODERNIZATION
The operation of the VUCE encourages new implementations and administrative changes in the government institutions involved, thanks to the constant improvements made to the computer system through inter-institutional coordination and the continuous training provided to officials in charge of performing technical controls on products. This, in turn, ensures the participation of users who interact through the VUCE System and obtain the benefits of using the tool, which equals time and cost reductions in their previous foreign trade operations.
Law N° 7638 Creation of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and the Foreign Trade Promoter.
Decree N°33452 Regulations of the Foreign Trade Single Window System.
Decree N°43479 Reform of the Regulations of the Foreign Trade Single Window System.
History of the Single Window for Foreign Trade
Law No. 7638 established the current Single Window in 1996, with the creation of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and the Foreign Trade Promotion Agency of Costa Rica.
Objectives of the Foreign Trade Single Window System
- Centralize previous foreign trade procedures to be authorized by the different governmental institutions.
- Streamline and simplify preliminary foreign trade procedures.
- Guarantee the existence of at least one office located in strategic geographic areas, where a significant number of companies make its establishment economically feasible. As part of the implementation policies of the foreign trade single window system, the opening of offices at the authorized points of entry and exit of persons and goods into and out of the country should be sought to decentralize its services to users.
- Implement the necessary mechanisms so that previous foreign trade procedures are carried out through compatible electronic means.
- Disseminate information on the procedures and requirements to be carried out in the Foreign Trade Single Window System.
By fulfilling the system's objectives, VUCE seeks to contribute to the achievement of the institutional mission related to foreign trade facilitation. These objectives are carried out within the framework of the four areas in which the Single Window operates: